family owned and operated
certified, licensed and insured
Radon is a cancer-causing, radioactive gas. You can’t see radon. And you can’t smell it or taste it. But it may be a problem in your home.
Radon is estimated to cause many thousands of deaths each year. That’s because when you breathe air containing radon, you can get lung cancer. In fact, the Surgeon General has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States today. Only smoking causes more lung cancer deaths. If you smoke and your home has high radon levels, your risk of lung cancer is especially high.
How does it get in your home?
Radon is a radioactive gas. It comes from the natural decay of uranium that is found in nearly all soils. It typically moves up through the ground to the air above and into your home through cracks and other holes in the foundation. Your home traps radon inside, where it can build up. Any home may have a radon problem. This means new and old homes, well- sealed and drafty homes, and homes with or without basements. Radon from soil gas is the main cause of radon problems.
- Complimentary, on-site assessment
- Detailed proposal for your custom needs
- Ongoing, personalized assistance for your future radon needs.
What Can We Do For You?
Install a brand new system
Activate a passive system
Troubleshoot / repair a failed system
What Makes Us Different?
- We’re always up for a challenge. We handle the tough cases
- Competitively Priced.
- Flexible scheduling
- Visually Appealing. Our systems are installed with visually appealing downspout rather than bulky PVC pipe and come with an attractive fan housing.
- We care about the environment. All recyclable scrap from the job, such as old sump covers and aluminum scraps, are taken to recycling facilities.
- 5-year warranty. Our systems come with a 5 year warranty that is transferable to subsequent owners
- Location, Location, Location. We always seeks out the least conspicuous location possible, avoiding if possible, installation on the front of the building or near frequented areas, like patios. The interior piping is usually installed in an unfinished area that is unlikely to ever be finished in any future basement remodel.
- It’s the little things. We do the little things that make your system look better. We are careful in determining how the piping is run, how our holes are drilled, and even how we apply the glue and primer – all in order to design a system that is as good looking as is reasonably possible.
maryland . dc . virginia
Radon Resolvers, LLC., is a local owner-operated small business serving the radon mitigation needs of the Greater DC Metro area. We are nationally certified through the National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP). NRPP Mitigation ID: #110523-RMT
Radon Resolvers is owned and operated by Peter Rosecrans, a native Marylander. Peter is an expert radon mitigator who specializes in designing and installing residential and commercial radon systems. Peter has provided radon mitigation services for the Department of Energy and US Navy.
When you choose Radon Resolvers, you can rest assured that we will reduce the radon levels below the EPA 4.0 recommendation. Buyers and sellers in real estate transactions, homeowners, builders, and landlords can enjoy the peace of mind knowing that buildings will not expose residents to the threat of cancer caused by radon.